Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Wolf Parade

How do you go about rocking your way into becoming my band?
You take a song I think is mediocre on the album, and you rock the fuck out of it for 20 minutes at the very end of your show. Along with just being awesome, and pumping out every song you have in a wave of unleashed energy.

A band that is fairly mellow on their album, really brings it out when they play shows. It was amazing. I didn't think anyone down here in the ol' states would know who Wolf Parade is, but the Fox Theatre sold out. The whole venue is about the size of the dance floor at the commodore, and a bit bigger than Sugar Nightclub in Vic. We were up on the side, in the under 21 section (stupid allyson not being old enough to buy liqour) which in my o pinion was a great spot. Usually I like being down on the floor for shows, but the crowd was pretty young and well, I wasn't so much up for crazy moshing to Wolf parade. allyson and I just rocked out on the side with a great view. Being eye level with the band isn't so bad. They played all my favourite songs, which is most of the album. All in all, definitely one of the best performances i've ever seen. It was that good. I hope these guys last and continue to churn out amazing albums. They really know how to put on a good show.

As for that last song, Dinner Bells....it's hard to find a band that can have all 5 members playing their instrument at the same time, with two other people from the opening band also playing, and have it sound as amazingly good as Wolf Parade did last night. Everything about the show was ..well....perfect. It was much more than I could have hoped for.

Going to the old high school today to see a few teachers, and then it'll be a nice relaxing day of....relaxing. I love vacation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

duuuuuuuude what's up!! Miss ya!! Miss your hugs! Glad to hear you are having fun. Where the "f-k" are ya?? I am at mInto in Yukon... not as much fun as Bullion.. te he he he... gossips indeed!