Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Mundane

Being back in school made me realize my life is really not that interesting. And if anyone still reads this, I hope you gain something from it. Useful or otherwise.

I will comment on the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Mars Volta show on September the 14th.

BAD MOTHERFUCKIN' ASS.

I had tickets to row SIX. Went with a friend from Victoria,and during the second song of the Chili's set (Dani California) we joined the surge and ended up around 2 people from the front grating. My only qualm was that I watched roughly 10% of the concert from behind people's cell phones. I understand this is part of the reaosn they're so popular, you can take video and pictures with them, but godamnit people, i don't want to see your cell phone hovering over where FLEA should be rocking out. TURN THE FUCKING THINGS OFF YOU"RE AT A CONCERT.

However it was quite stunning to look up, around, behind and see the massive amounts of people all around me. The sound was intense. The show was amazing. I wish a leaked video of it would showup somewhere, i'd kill a man for it.

The only other thing of import that has happened lately was Kate's Birthday last wednesday. We hit up Swans (cheap pitchers of their own brew!) and then Evo(lution) for 80's night. this was made that much sweeter by the fact that a few of us took the time to dress up all 80's cheese style. Blazers, big sunglasses, and bright shirts were the order of the evening. It rocked pretty hard.

Hockey starts up tomorrow, and I'm pretty excited for it, classes are OK, my only eos class is fairly dry (paleobiology), and my business courses are pretty intuitive. Math, as always, is a selfish lover, and I decided to drop spanish, I really just want to pass calculus this semester. that is job one.

Also, I'm prtty stoked as allyson is coming uup in the first weekend of October (Canadian Thanksgiving for all you yanks). Exciting.

No comments: