Wednesday, June 27, 2007

giggity giggity gone

I'm taking off at 6am tomorrow morning (knock on wood) for UB.

Break starts, sleeping in, seeing some sights around the capital of Mongolia, maybe some other random adventures. Then it's off to Thailand with me.

It's going to be an e-free break, so no email, comptuers, nothin' until I'm in Bangkok on my way back to camp.

As I'm in the habit of posting pictures, This is the trench crew, two young Mongolian geotechs and our driver.

From left, Haatanbataar, me, Baterdene (Bat), and Bataar our driver



A camel spider, about 4-5 cm long..apparently has 10 legs...well, 8 legs and 2 uh..reaching arms? yea I dont know. Big fangs though.



And the elusive wild Mongolian Ass. They're actually very rare, and it's pretty special to see one. These three were roaming about out near the drill. Where camels, horses goats and sheep will let you come right up close, this things bolt if you get anywhere near 100m of them.

No comments: