Sunday, June 18, 2006

We love our hockey




Dear Edmonton Police,

While I appreciate your fervor for maintaining peace, and preventing riots. When there are many, many more people than can actually fit on the sidewalk, perhaps it wouldn't be so bad to give us one lane of the road. Instead of pushing people back onto teh sidewalk, and yelling at them, maybe just let them in a bit. Or better yet, close down teh street, but maintain a heavy police presence in the middle. It IS a little rediculous when you can only cross the street every 10 blocks or so.

Perhaps if I'd been allowed to just walk in the street, I might not have been forced off the sidewalk, with one foot going into a pothole, and I wouldn't be in as much pain today.

Also, Ellie rocks, and is a great drinking partner.

Either way, sweet night.


Part II: not related to hockey.

I want a tree house.

Not some dinky little play thing with one room.

I want, a big, artfully constructed tree house.
Ideally I would turn it into an office of sorts, but a very, very comfortable one.

there are some excellent examples of what I'm talking about here:
http://www.treehouseworkshop.com/
and,
http://www.blueforest.com/index.php

and while not really a tree house, fricken sweet:
http://www.inhabitat.com/entry_594.php

I leave tomorrow for Vancouver, and subsequently Montana for my friends Matt and Shannon's wedding in Bozeman. So this might be the last one for a little while.

About 10 days from now I'll be in northeastern Nunavut.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A treehouse would be freakin' sweet!!

I wish I could partake of the Edmonton festivities. I'm so hockey deprived over here. :o(

Have fun!

Alex in Mongolia (crazy!) said...

Leslie, you are officially the second person I know who actually reads this thing.

Thanks!