Friday, July 28, 2006

Back to the Tundra

So I left Rankin, hungover, and half asleep at 10 this morning after loading two truckloads of cargo and food. The same two truckloads we'd loaded and unloaded a number of times the previous days. Apparently there was a severe bacon and toilet paper shortage in camp as we couldn't get the plane out of Rankin for 4 days. Tough times at Bullion. While it was nice to be back with a working toilet and uh...well...actually that's about all the nice things I have to say about Rankin...

Overall it was a pretty decent break, didn't have to work too crazy hard like last year when I helped expedite for 5 companies. 15 hour days are not fun, in any way. At least in camp I don't have to clean up dog puke at 4:30 in the morning after the damn animal eats a stick of butter (and not just one of those 1 inch x 1 inch x 5 inches sticks, we're talking a brick of butter).

Tomorrow I start up doing magnetic surveys again, and hopefully some more prospecting is in my future.

That's all for now, need to go find something to do.

No comments: