Monday, July 10, 2006

I am not a poker champion

I like to think I'm decent at the game of Texas Hold'em. But I've recently learned...that I am nothing special. There are a couple of very good players up here. We have a game every few days and I just got stomped the first game. Did alright tonight, was big stack for a little while, then just made some decent bets that just got beat by better hands . It happens.

Our three days of horrible weather are gone now, apparenlty a high pressure system has moved back in with a slight warmth...

The wind is still just cold. Bitterly cold. But at least it was sunny today.

Oh, and the shitty weather also means all the mosquitos are dead. Or at least the ones that had hatched thus far. A new batch will pop up in a day or two though. There's no stopping the little bastards.

I'm on a mission to destroy as many mosquitos as I possibly can.

Watch out.

No comments: