Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Oh right....I'm in the Arctic

So, last couple of days have definitly NOT been t-shirt days. I seem to ahve jinxed us with my boasting of the warm weather. That night the wind changed direction, and we had a pretty heavy downpour at around 4am. If you've ever slept under a tarp with heavy rain and 30km/hr winds, you know it's not a very quiet night.

Anyways, temperature has been hovering around 5-10 degrees, but the wind chill is keeping it below zero for the most part. The wind is the worst part. Just cuts right through every layer of clothing you're wearing. Even my "wind breaker" jacket doesn't work when you're out in the open for 7 hours.

Did some prospecting the other day, found a very nice sample which very likely contains at least trace amounts of gold, so hopefully I can win the 500$ they give away for the highest gold containing sample this year. Woo. Lord knows I could use it..

So there ya go. That's my 2 day update. It's cold. Surprise, surprise. Probably going out tomorrow night to do some fishing, maybe take a swim if it's at all warm (relatively speaking).

No comments: