Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Weather Days

Soooo

TOday is a weather day, low fog, blowing rain, around 3 degrees celsius.

SO, I'm going to go ahead and do one of these cheesey things, as there is nothing else to do.

11 LAYERS OF YOU

LAYER ONE: ON THE OUTSIDE
Name: alexander stewart wallis
Nickname: wally, wallis, the professor
Birth date: may 23, 1984
Current Location: Kiavalliq region, Northeastern Nunavut, Arctic Circle (but I live in Victoria most of the year)
Eye Color: Blue/Grey/Green/crazy
Hair Color: brown
Righty or Lefty: Righty, at least that's what I'm best with, it's my hammerin' arm.
Zodiac Sign: Gemini

LAYER TWO: ON THE INSIDE
Your heritage: Irish/scottish/welsh/Australian/South African (my family roots are drifters)
Your fears: damage to my achilles tendon, dying before I've accomplished what I want, not being able to travel.
Your weakness: travel, good food, rocks, good beer, good wine
Your perfect pizza: garlic sauce, cheese, bacon, chives, chicken
Goal you’d like to achieve: visit every country. EVERY country. Bit of a pipe dream. I'd also like to own a sailboat, and property on a Gulf Island in BC.

LAYER THREE: YESTERDAY, TODAY, TOMORROW:
Your thoughts first waking up: "Oh fuck it's 7am and I have to scramble over boulders" "Oh fuck it's 6:45, but oh, look at that, it's raining and visibility is at 100 metres, maybe it'll be a weather day" "Oh Fuck, it's 7am and I have to fly to Rankin Inlet at some point today"
Your bedtime: When I'm tired. ALternates between 8 pm and 1am.
Your most missed memory: How can I remember a memory I miss? Obviously if I can't remember it I meant to forget it and don't miss it. No.

LAYER FOUR: YOUR PICK:
Pepsi or Coke: Coke (glass bottle, third world countries, straw)
McDonald’s or Burger King: Neither
Single or group dates: Single.
Adidas or Nike: Adidas, though I can't say I actually own anything made by either of these companies
Lipton Tea or Nestea: not a big tea fan, except green and Chai
Chocolate or vanilla: Both
Cappuccino or coffee: both, though I'll drink anything with caffeine in it when I'm in the field.

LAYER FIVE: DO YOU?
Smoke: Cigars(occasionally) and Cannabis.
Curse: More than any self-respecting person should in a professional environment
Take a shower: well..in the field...every few days....but back home it's a much more regular thing.
Have a crush: I do. I do indeed.
Like(d) school: Yes. I'd better seeing as how I"ll be there for 3 or 4 more years
Want to get married: Eventually. I'm not really in any kind of rush, I'm young and have lots to see and do first.
Believe in yourself: more than I used to.
Think you’re a health freak: Not really. I don't go to a gym, and I pretty much just eat what I want, though it is admittedly more healthy than it used to be. My vices probably don't help much, but ...meh.

LAYER SIX: IN THE PAST MONTH
Drank alcohol: oh yes. It hasn't quite been a month since Matt's wedding, and before getting into the field I was essentially on a 4 week bender.
Gone to the mall: Nooo. I didn't even go to the West Edmonton Mall, the biggest mall in North America while I was in Edmo...I don't like malls.
Been on stage: No
Eaten Sushi: No
Been dumped: Not in a loooong time. This requires some kind of lasting relationship....
Gone skating: no, but I wish I had.
Dyed your hair: No

LAYER SEVEN: HAVE YOU EVER
Played a stripping game: Yes
Gotten beaten up: Yes, my sister broke my pinky once.
Changed who you were to fit in: perhaps a bit. But not much. I changed more because I wasn't happy with who I was.

LAYER EIGHT: GETTING OLD
Age your hoping to be married? Yes, but I'd like to travel more (perhaps with that person?) and own a house, and possibly property.
What age would you wanna die at? I'm hoping to be bitten by a Vampire, so I can live forever in a youngish state. But just in case, probably in my late 80's. Seems like a good time. When I turned 20 I said "well, looks like a quarter of my life is over".

LAYER NINE: IN A GIRL/GUY
Best eye color: Green, and deep
Best hair color: Not Blonde. Dark brown/reddish is er..very attractive
Short or long hair: medim to short. Depends if the gal can pull it off. I know a certain someone is acutally pulling it off fantastically these days.
What do you look for?: i'm not too sure...I have pretty random attractions sometimes. As long as I'm entertained and they can hold my interest (a rarity these days) it's good to go.

LAYER TEN: WHAT WERE YOU DOING
1 MINUTE AGO: writing this goddamn thing
1 HOUR AGO: eating dinner
1 WEEK AGO: finishing dinner, probably spray-painting grid pickets
1 YEAR AGO: Saaaame thing as this year. In Nunavut, same camp and everything. Though we didn't have nearly as many amenities. We didnt' even have a phone that worked very well.

LAYER 11:FINISH THE SENTENCE
I LOVE: Lamp. and wine and beer, and relaxing in a hammock in the sun.
I FEEL: Cold and tired, and kind of alone
I HATE: stupid people, dickhead professors, incompetence, jumping through University hoops
I HIDE: what I really think of some people.
I MISS: my cat, my friends, and my bed. (and...also someone else right now)
I NEED: more travel, more free time, and a good stiff drink.

that was fun...kind of.

No comments: